ITALY FOR A MONTH | PRE-DEPARTURE POST

So as you may or may not know, I will be spending the month June in Italy. I will be in Italy working as an English tutor at a summer camps in Italy. I did it last year during summer and was in Italy for three incredible weeks. This is definitely the longest I have been away from home and in another country. I know for sure that home sickness will kick in – but as I am used to being away from home for University its not too difficult. I still always miss my family though. I know it will definitely be a great experience and I cannot wait to see what Italy has to offer.

The best element of this job is that we can end up working in any part of Italy. Last year I only did one camp, which was in Cassano D’Adda – a town just outside of Milan. I would love to go back at some point, but I would also happily go anywhere. Hmm… who knows whats in store.. I will be working for the month of June, back in London until the end of August and then back out to Italy until mid-September. So who knows, I would end up anywhere.

Italy seems to be the country of healing. The last to trips I had to Italy helped with healing some little-large wounds I had on my heart. It could all be in my head, but that is literally my association with Italy and it’s a positive one and i’d like to keep it that way. This time, I haven’t come with any extra baggage so it’ll literally just be a greatly positive experience.

I’ll miss my family loads, but I’ll be making new friends and family out in Italy (:

Share:

11 Comments

1. June 24, 2017 / 5:16 pm

I love trips like this
    It’s full of excitement for what we are going to see
    I hope yours turns out just great!

2. June 24, 2017 / 5:25 pm

I hope you enjoy yourself! I can’t wait to visit Italy!

3. June 24, 2017 / 5:48 pm

So curious how this turned out to be and where you landed 🙂 I just love Italy and I think that every place would have been just perfect! Hope you enjoyed

4. June 24, 2017 / 6:03 pm

What a great opportunity! I would love to do this during the summer. And it’s great that you’ve done it before so you kind of know what to expect. You will definitely never regret this decision, even if you do miss home a little bit. I can’t wait to follow and see photos from your trip. Have fun!

5. June 24, 2017 / 6:35 pm

Would love to go to Italy someday, such gorgeous cities!

6. June 24, 2017 / 7:42 pm

When I was 19 I went and lived in Paris for 3 years. It was the making of me. Travel and more importantly living abroad for a period of time is such a great development opportunity. Good for you!

Enjoy the journey!

7. June 24, 2017 / 7:52 pm

This sounds very excited, especially that you don’t know yet where you will be. I booked a month in Italy myself, in autumn, I will be working remotely from a village in Tuscany. I decided I need some quiet time, away from the UK so I booked this little house on top of a hill surrounded by vineyards. Can’t wait 🙂

8. June 24, 2017 / 8:59 pm

I love Italy, I hope to go there one day! Have a great time there 🙂

9. June 24, 2017 / 9:12 pm

That’s so incredible that you can just set off to Italy for a month! I’m so excited for your trip! Being away from Family that you’re close to is always hard but you’re going to have an amazing time!

XOXO

10. June 26, 2017 / 9:11 am

Can’t wait to see some posts and vlogs all about your trip!!

Jessica & James | foodandbaker.co.uk / foodandbakertravels.co.uk

11. June 26, 2017 / 3:34 pm

This sounds so fun and i am sure it will definitely be an adventure you will never forget! I can’t wait to hear all about it when you come back!

XO-Lisa